I love to cook and I love home-cooked meals. I find it's so much easier to monitor healthy-eating when I prep food myself. On the other hand, my hubby and I also love to eat out. We tend to save restaurants for the weekend and we make it more of an experience. A splurge, if you will. We don't feel like we have to grab the cheapest grub around, and we can have a more leisurely meal together.
As vegetarian-eating has become more and more common, eating "vegetarian" at restaurants has also become easier. These days there's a lot more out there for us than just salad and fries. Nevertheless, eating out is still pretty complicated at higher priced restaurants. Nicer establishments often make their food more "upscale" by offering finer meats and seafood. While some of these restaurants do offer one or two vegetarian dishes, they often are overpriced and rather ordinary in comparison to the other menu offerings. Unfortunately I've had some bad experiences on this front, including last Valentine's Day.
But there's still hope. In finalizing our plans for our upcoming trip to Maui, I was delighted to discover a rare veggie-friendly fine dining restaurant. Since the executive chef's wife is vegetarian, The Plantation House offers a separate vegetarian-friendly menu. Since it's also known for great service and fantastic views, this just might be a truly rare find.
I hope we'll have the opportunity to try The Plantation House on our vacation ~ I'll be sure to report back!
Always stocked Animals Appetizer Architecture Beer Big Munchkin Bragging rights Breakfast Breaks Cats Chile Peppers Community Cooking Methods Davis Dessert Eating Out Excursions Food Topics Foodplay Gift Ideas Giveaway Health Holidays Hubby Inspiration Just a thought Kid Food Life Local Greats Meatless Mondays Mexican Inspired Movies Music My Little Secret Parties Pizza Quick Recipes Remix Sacramento Salad San Francisco Sandwiches Snacks Soup Summer Eating Toddler Travel Upscale Vegan Vegetarian Weekend
© Appetite for Conversation, 2009-present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Appetite for Conversation with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Farmer's Kitchen Cafe Best Weeknight Takeout in Davis - I pre-order for home delivery
- Kerbey Lane Cafe My favorite pancake place ~ located in Austin, TX, no less! Don't miss it if you have the chance to go
- Le Petit Boutique and Cafe Visit Paris in Sacramento! Shopping, coffee, and pastries
- Nugget Market Best cakes, cupcakes, and tiramisu in Davis
- Patxi's Pizza Fantastic Chicago-style pizza in San Francisco
- Russian River Brewing Company Great beers and lots of happy people in Santa Rosa
- San Francisco's Academy of Science Who knew a museum could have such classy food?
- St. Helena Olive Oil Co. They ship Napa Valley edibles all over the country, or visit their store for samples
- Stephen's Farmhouse Located on the edge of Yuba City, this adorable old-fashioned farmstand offers a variety of pies, cookies, jams, produce, and gifts.
- Surfing Goat Dairy One of Maui's great surprises - tour the farm, feed the goats, and enjoy some of the best cheese of your life!
- Tea List Davis' very own Tea Room, offering a variety of teas, sandwiches, and pastries
- The Tuck Box An idyllic little place in Carmel that's one-of-a-kind
My Blog List
- Maui Bargains
- Meatless Mondays: It's Time
- Surprise, Surprise!
- Meatless Mondays: Oh, the Kiddies!
- Dear World
- It started with nail polish . . .
- Did you catch it?
- Meatless Mondays: Tips for Eating Out
- I'm Playing "Favorites"
- Taco Remix 2
- Meatless Mondays: Eating Out
- Can't Wait!
- Fun With Ola
- Playing Tourist
- Meatless Mondays: Labeling
- ▼ August (15)