Thursday, August 5, 2010

Playing Tourist

My mother-in-law is in town visiting, and yesterday we headed to San Francisco to play "tourists." We only went to a handful of places, but San Francisco is always so much fun!

I thought I'd share a few of my hubby's pictures. Our first stop was the Golden Gate Bridge.


San Francisco was pretty wintry yesterday ~ fog, wind, and no warmer than about 60 degrees.


We walked under the Golden Gate Bridge. It was an exciting experience because the floor rattled underneath us along with the traffic, and the ceiling above us boomed as the larger trucks passed overhead.


The sea lions at Pier 39 are so entertaining! My daughter could have stayed there all day long watching. She brought home a stuffed sea lion to cuddle with, and we found out later that the sea lion has a button to make it bark. My hubby and I could do without that noisy feature!



We were surprised to find this little nature oasis in the middle of the mall at Pier 39. My mother-in-law fell in love with this fountain area and little bird, and she's actually planning to recreate it in her backyard in Florida.

It was an all around fun day, and it's so fantastic to finally be enjoying summer. Hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP