Monday, November 2, 2009

Better than soup?

I absolutely adore soup. I eat it year-round, but I'm really craving it now as the weather cools off and my life is looking increasingly hectic. And almost nothing could be more comforting than a bowl of hot soup.

Actually I can think of one thing that's more comforting than a plain ol' bowl of soup . . . a bowl of soup that somebody prepared from scratch and delivered to your door! Even better than that would be soup that somebody prepared from scratch using farm-fresh, mostly organic ingredients, and then delivered to your door.

Can you believe this actually exists? It does in Davis at least. This is precisely the reason that I love the Farmer's Kitchen Cafe, featured as one of my Local Greats in the list to the right. They offer a weekly menu full of vegan, vegetarian, carnivore, and gluten-free fare. You can pre-order and pre-pay, then either pick up the food or have it delivered.

For THIS week's menu, I happen to know that the broccoli soup and pumpkin pie are excellent. Let me know if you give it a try. Mine will be delivered tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP