Weekends are for eating around our house. And Sundays in particular are for cooking. Today's lunch came together quite nicely, so I thought I'd share.
This dish is super easy. You'll need:
- About 1/2 can black beans, rinsed well
- About 1/4 cup crumbled feta (or queso fresco)
- About 1/2 a pint of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped (I do this by cutting it in half, scoring it in the peel, then scooping it out with a spoon)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime, or a little more to taste (I like a lot!)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, optional (I only added pepper)
- Tabasco, to taste (I like about 2 tiny flits of the wrist, which is enough to make your taste buds sparkle without any burn)
- About 4 medium or 6 small tortillas
- Lettuce or spinach
Put the first seven ingredients in a bowl. Add the Tabasco carefully - a small amount adds a little zing, but if you add more you'll get some real heat. Stir the filling well so that the lime juice and Tabasco are well mixed and they coat all of the ingredients. The tortillas can be warm or room temperature. Simply spoon the filling into the tortillas, add the lettuce or spinach for some crunch, and dive in.
It's a very basic recipe, but we enjoyed it. If you try it, let me know what you think!