Saturday, May 17, 2014

Things I Learned This Week

It's been both a great and a challenging week around here.  The week started off with my youngest catching a stomach bug, and it is ending with some great times with family and friends.  So here are a few things I learned this week that I hope to remember in the future:
  • Bowtie pasta makes any meal more fun for kids ~ even a meal that is basically just pasta with vegetables.
  • Melted butter does not perform the same way in baked goods as softened butter does.  As a result, America's Test Kitchen Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are to die for.  Make these again!
  • My oldest daughter is "designing" a restaurant.  She originally called it the Leaky Cauldron (a Harry Potter reference), but now she has re-named it to The Horseshoe.  I can't wait to see where this leads.
And for a little eye candy, here's a snapshot of the cute little bouquet we gave our oldest after her ballet recital today.



Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP