Friday, May 21, 2010

Go Aunt B!


Now that all the parties have ended, reality is setting in. Unfortunately reality isn't so great at the moment. My aunt has been diagnosed with breast cancer and she goes to surgery this afternoon. We've lost a lot of family members to cancer over the years, so we're all trying hard not to overreact. Afterall, the doctors did catch the cancer early. We hope.

In any event, I'll be spending the afternoon and evening at the hospital. I just pumped myself up with some hot, nourishing oatmeal. I wish I was just meeting my aunt for lunch instead. Still, my aunt has been so brave. The way she looks at it, it's not as bad as losing an arm. Thank goodness us humans have the ability to put some perspective on things. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP