Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mini Fiesta

Yay, Emily! My penpal had her quesadilla party this weekend. Back when we did our food exchange my challenge to her was to host a quesadilla party. I gave her my favorite salsa recipe to try, and she ended up using my spinach quesadilla recipe and pumpkin quesadilla recipe too. See her site with all the details, plus her strawberry salsa and chicken veggie quesadillas. Looks like a fun time!


I figured it was time for me to share my salsa recipe. It's the red salsa in the middle of the picture above. (Thanks for the picture, Emily!) It's super easy to make since you can throw everything into a food processor mostly unchopped. The one thing I would be sure to chop is the jalapeƱo so that you don't end up with large pieces in your salsa. I also think it tastes better the next day once the flavors have had a chance to blend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Homemade Salsa
  • 1 1/2 medium jalapeƱos (or more to taste), chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, washed well (some stems are OK ~ they have flavor too!)
  • 1/2 small onion (red onion looks the best!)
  • 1 can Mexican recipe stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can regular stewed or diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the salsa reaches your desired chunkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP