I figured it was time for me to share my salsa recipe. It's the red salsa in the middle of the picture above. (Thanks for the picture, Emily!) It's super easy to make since you can throw everything into a food processor mostly unchopped. The one thing I would be sure to chop is the jalapeño so that you don't end up with large pieces in your salsa. I also think it tastes better the next day once the flavors have had a chance to blend.
- 1 1/2 medium jalapeños (or more to taste), chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, washed well (some stems are OK ~ they have flavor too!)
- 1/2 small onion (red onion looks the best!)
- 1 can Mexican recipe stewed tomatoes
- 1 can regular stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. salt