Friday, November 20, 2009
I just made myself a pretty little lunch that I thought I'd share. I started with two small handmade corn and whole grain tortillas (from La Tortilla Factory out of Sonoma, but sold in the regular grocery store). I added a shmeer of roasted red pepper hummus, a sprinkle of shredded parmigiano reggiano, and freshly ground black pepper. Then I topped them with some crunchy red pepper spears and romaine lettuce.
The tortillas are pretty dense, so these could easily be wrapped in plastic wrap for later. Yum!
Always stocked Animals Appetizer Architecture Beer Big Munchkin Bragging rights Breakfast Breaks Cats Chile Peppers Community Cooking Methods Davis Dessert Eating Out Excursions Food Topics Foodplay Gift Ideas Giveaway Health Holidays Hubby Inspiration Just a thought Kid Food Life Local Greats Meatless Mondays Mexican Inspired Movies Music My Little Secret Parties Pizza Quick Recipes Remix Sacramento Salad San Francisco Sandwiches Snacks Soup Summer Eating Toddler Travel Upscale Vegan Vegetarian Weekend
© Appetite for Conversation, 2009-present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Appetite for Conversation with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Farmer's Kitchen Cafe Best Weeknight Takeout in Davis - I pre-order for home delivery
- Kerbey Lane Cafe My favorite pancake place ~ located in Austin, TX, no less! Don't miss it if you have the chance to go
- Le Petit Boutique and Cafe Visit Paris in Sacramento! Shopping, coffee, and pastries
- Nugget Market Best cakes, cupcakes, and tiramisu in Davis
- Patxi's Pizza Fantastic Chicago-style pizza in San Francisco
- Russian River Brewing Company Great beers and lots of happy people in Santa Rosa
- San Francisco's Academy of Science Who knew a museum could have such classy food?
- St. Helena Olive Oil Co. They ship Napa Valley edibles all over the country, or visit their store for samples
- Stephen's Farmhouse Located on the edge of Yuba City, this adorable old-fashioned farmstand offers a variety of pies, cookies, jams, produce, and gifts.
- Surfing Goat Dairy One of Maui's great surprises - tour the farm, feed the goats, and enjoy some of the best cheese of your life!
- Tea List Davis' very own Tea Room, offering a variety of teas, sandwiches, and pastries
- The Tuck Box An idyllic little place in Carmel that's one-of-a-kind
My Blog List
- ► 2010 (127)
- The Stage Was Set
- Full Disclosure
- From Me to You
- Feast for the Eyes?
- A Different Take on Pumpkin
- Weekend Recap
- I've Got a Winner!
- Slippery Milk
- Thanksgiving Yummies
- Girl Fun
- What a treat!
- The Future is Here
- St. Helena
- Oldies But Goodies
- Smokin' Hot
- Friday Night
- Hot Mama
- Better than soup?
- Halloween Recap
- ▼ November (25)